Knowing how to care for LED TV screen is as important as buying an LED TV in the first place. Oftentimes, TV related complaints are issues that could have been avoided with proper care and maintenance. Flat-screen televisions contain sensitive electronic components that can break, wear out or overheat if mishandled. Maintaining your TV will save you the cost of repairing and replacing new parts and most importantly, will extend the life of your flat screen. Let’s take a look at 6 care tips for LED TV screens.
- Turn off Your TV: Knowing when to turn off your TV can affect its lifespan and performance. The lifecycle of a television set is about sixty five thousand hours. However, if you are doing something else while using your TV in the background or even if you sleep while watching something, this gradually tends to become a habit. This kind of habit will cause the lifespan of the TV to consequently decrease. And maybe after two years or so, it might need repair. You can simply avoid it by making a habit of switching off your TV when you do not really need it.
- Use Power / Surge Protector: Connect your flat-screen television to a power-line protector. This device shields the TV from harmful electricity spikes. Look for a protector that is designed for use with televisions.
- Give Your TV Breathing Space: Place the television in a well-ventilated area. Do not put the TV in an enclosed cabinet. This can cause the TV to overheat.
- Keep TV Clean Always: Wipe the screen and back of the TV with a lint-free cloth to remove dust. Use a soft cloth dampened with flat-screen TV cleaner to remove stubborn stains. Avoid spraying water or a liquid cleaner directly on the TV screen.
- Avoid Moisture: Keep drinks, rain and other sources of moisture away from the flat-screen TV.
- Safety First: Unplug the television before cleaning it. Leave the TV unplugged if you don't plan to use it for an extended period.
Hope you gained something new from the tips. You can also take a peek at the line-up of LED TVs from our online store. Simply click here.
Ernest is a creative thinker, writer and online media designer. In 2017 he authored & wrote screenplay for the movie, “The Partner”. A fun loving guy and lover of GOD, Ernest is also Co-Founder of Modeldirect Online Store. His favourite mantra is, “What God cannot do does not exist”.